Downtown Pittsburgh firm in need of an experienced legal secretary/assistant position to provide support at the senior staff level.
Duties to include:
· Type/transcribe a variety of reports and legal documents for which knowledge of legal terminology, civil procedures and discovery is required
· Open and maintain legal files, files correspondence, documents and pleadings
· Update pleadings indexes, including scanned correspondence and emails.
· Provide case management assistance and tracking of matters.
· Compose a variety of routine accurate, informative and grammatically correct correspondence.
· Compiles data from various sources for incorporation into special and periodic reports.
· Assists in identifying and satisfying inquiries from clients.
· Assists others in office, including paralegals, support staff and non-assigned attorneys; serves as back up secretary to non-assigned attorneys when primary secretary unable to perform duties due to illness or absence.
· Formats and proofreads documents drafted by attorneys.
· Maintains calendars and schedules for a number of attorneys.
· Enters attorney time and client costs in timekeeping system and ensures entries are accurately recorded.
· Makes travel arrangements.
· Creates spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations.
· Work independently in the absence of specific instruction, and use good judgment to make decisions appropriate to the level of responsibilities.
· 5+ years of like experience in support of senior level staff
· Proficient MSOffice skills
· Professional verbal and written communication skills
· Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
· Ability to meet deadlines as needed
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org