For Pittsburgh area non-profit, legal support group. Selected candidate will offer assistance to clients with issues related to the COVID -19 pandemic.
Duties to include:
· Work to resolve critical issues in order to enhance the effectiveness of staff attorney representation.
· Provide a variety of social services to help clients coordinate with community resource navigators as part of the Community Justice Project’s Resource Navigator Program to help high-risk clients facing eviction obtain the necessary social supports to maintain or (in some instances where no legal remedy is possible) secure housing and/or rental assistance.
· Coordinate to provide resource navigation services in a fashion complimentary to other efforts in Allegheny County and accept referrals for casework in substantive legal areas caused by the pandemic
· Partner with community organizations to establish a series of community legal clinics to address pressing legal problems that cause housing and financial insecurity and inform low- income individuals of their legal rights.
· Expand outreach in close coordination with community based organizations representing under served neighborhoods in Allegheny County to inform people of their legal rights thereby expanding their legal literacy and removing legal barriers to housing.
· Collaboration and case planning with attorneys and other staff to further the goals of legal representation
· Provide a variety of social services to help clients resolve critical issues in order to enhance the effectiveness of legal representation;
· Conduct interventions with clients as appropriate
· Advocate for clients with other agencies and various entities in the securing of needed services and benefits;
· Maintain the referral database of social service agencies;
· Assist legal staff with social work aspects of legal cases.
· Monitor needs of the client community and recommend areas of advocacy development, including community education and self-help advocacy development;
· Conduct interviews including eligibility, assessment and substantive interviews in person and by telephone including such interviews as may at times take place outside the regular office setting.
· Provide comprehensive assessments of client needs including recommended actions.
· Participate as a professional in an interdisciplinary environment that can include attorneys, court personnel, judges, other social workers, other agency or government employees and representatives;
· Perform such other duties related to the above as assigned by appropriate personnel
· BS or MSW from an accredited university.
· 1-2 years of social work experience
· Proficient PC/MSOffice skills
· Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
· Must have efficient transportation to locations other than the main office as needed for work
· Ability to work well with a variety of personalities and situations
· Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com